Admission Requirements to Study Allied Health Sciences Programme at Narh-Bita College
Want to Study Allied Health Sciences Programme at Narh-Bita College? This article provides details on the admission requirements to study Allied Health Sciences Programme at Narh-Bita College. Prospective applicants are to take note of this information before applying for admission.
Allied Health Sciences Programmes at Narh-Bita College
These are the Allied Health Sciences programmes offered at Narh-Bita College:
- BSc. Medical Laboratory Technology
- Medical Laboratory Technology (Dip)
- Medical Laboratory Technology (Cert)
Admission Requirements to Study Allied Health Sciences Programme
Below are the admission requirements to study Allied Health Sciences Programme at Narh-Bita College:
i. Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE)
Grade D or better in three (3) core subjects i.e. English Language, Core Mathematics, Integrated Science, and three (3) elective subjects namely Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Elective Mathematics.
ii. West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE)
Grade C6 or better in three (3) core subjects i.e. English Language, Core Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies, and three (3) elective subjects namely Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Elective Mathematics.
iii. General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level
Passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better). Also, the applicant must have had credit passes (Grade 6) in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects including English, Mathematics, and Science subject (for non-science students) and an Arts subject for Science students.
iv. Mature Students’ Entry Requirements
Applicants must have:
- FIVE (5) credits at the ‘O’ level, including English language and mathematics OR
- WASSCE/SSSCE credit passes in THREE relevant Elective Subjects: Biology, Chemistry, and Physics or Mathematics OR
- Ministry of Health Certificates in Medical Laboratory Technology or Science
Laboratory Technology with elective science background shall be interviewed and successful applicants placed in the FIRST YEAR. However, those without elective science background will go through Access Course that encompasses the Six (6) major areas in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English, Mathematics, and Integrated Science
In addition to the above requirements, applicants should:
- Be at least 25 years at the time of submitting the application and must show proof of age with a birth certificate or any legitimate documentary proof of birth date which is at least 5 years old at the time of application.
- Provide an introductory letter from the employer or show any other proof of employment.
Professional Certificate Holders in Medical Laboratory
Diploma Certificate Holders
Applicants with Diploma Certificates from a recognized institution will be admitted to level 300 of the programme
HND Certificate Holders
Applicants with HND Certificate will be admitted to level 200 after passing an entrance examination.
In conclusion, these are the admission requirements to study Allied Health Sciences Programme at Narh-Bita College. For more information on this article, click here.