How To Register Sim Card With Ghana Card
Since June 2021 There were Rumors that every citizen or anyone living in the country (Ghana) needs to register or re-register his or her sim card whether MTN sim, GLO sim, AIRTEL-TIGO, or VODAFONE sim card to avoid any problem with the sim in the future.
And this news came up again at the end of September 2021 which confirms that it is not a rumor but real activities that will take place from 1st October 2021 to March 2022.
The news was officially announced by the Minister of Communications, Ursula Owusu-Ekufu that the Sim Card registration with Ghana Card will start earlier October 2021.
Read Also: Using Information from Cell Phones in Investigations and as Evidence
How To Register Your Sim Card With Ghana Card?
The following Steps are the easier way and faster way to register or re-register your sim card safely in Ghana.
Please follow this stepwell and the job will be done within a minutes
1. Dial the shortcode on your phone or the Sim Card You Want To Register *404#
2. Enter Ghana Card pin ( Note: Enter letters and figures without hyphens)
3. Confirm Ghana Card pin
4. Enter Your surname ( Please enter the names well without adding your guy names to it)
5. Enter Your first name(s)
6. Enter Date of Birth (Format: DD MM YY “Date, Month, Years”)
7. Select your sex (Male Or Female)
8. Confirm your details
9. Submit details provided after confirmation
These are the simplest 9 steps to register your sim card
NB: For those who were unable to register or acquired the NIA or the Ghana Card you can follow this link and register for a new card
1. You will receive a confirmation message on the sim that you are registering with a unique code when it is successfully done.
2. If the process is unsuccessful due to wrong details, you will have another 3 attempts to answer security questions.
3. If unsuccessful due to verification failure of your National Identification Authority, you will be informed to contact the NIA ( National Identification Authority). You can contact the National Identification Authority HERE
How To Register Your subscriber identity module or subscriber identification module (SIM) When You Are Not A Ghanaian
To register your subscriber identification module as a non-citizen you will need to go to the appropriate office which is MTN, GLO, AIRTEL-TIGO, or VODAFONE office, and use your passport to register it, which will be valid for 30 days.
Simple Reason Why You Should Register/ Re-register Or Catalogue Your Sim Card with the Ghana Card*
The registering process is intended to get rid of or reduced the fraudulent activities that are taken place in the country.
It will really help the government to monitor and have a good track of every individual subscriber identification module.
The registration process will end on March 31, 2022.
Any SIM Card which is not registered or updated at the end of this exercise will be blocked, according to Ursula Owusu-Ekufu the Minister of Communication.