Entry Requirements for VVU Undergraduate Programmes
Do You want to apply and study at Valley View University? This article covers all the entry requirements for VVU Undergraduate Programmes. For more information, consider reading below.
Admission Requirements for Valley View University Undergraduate Programmes
These are the entry requirements for VVU Undergraduate Programmes. You may also check out the entry requirements for Diploma programmes.
1. For WASSCE/SSSCE/GBCE
You are required to possess Six (6) subjects comprising three (3) Core subjects, including English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science/Social Studies, plus three (3) relevant elective subjects.
Grading System for Holders of SSSCE/WASSCE/GBCE
2. GCE Advanced Level: Passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better). Also, the applicant must have had credit passes (Grade 6) in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects including English Language, Mathematics, and a Science subject (for non-Science students) and an Arts subject (for Science students).
3. Diploma certificates from recognized universities assessed to be equivalent to HND with second class lower division may be considered for admission into level 100 or 200 in their area of specialization depending on the subjects passed.
The applicants must note that Diploma in Business Studies (DBS) qualification cannot, in itself, be used for admission into Valley View University.
4. HND holders from recognized institutions with at least Second Class Lower Division may be considered for admission into level 200 or 300 in their area of specialization depending on the subjects passed from the transcript. The applicant must have acquired a two-year post HND qualification working experience. Other Diploma qualifications from elsewhere assessed to be equivalent to HND may be similarly considered.
5. Full Diploma Certificate in ABCE:
Also, the applicant must have had credit passes in five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science, or Social Studies in the GBCE or SSSCE or WASSCE. ABCE candidates may be considered for admission at level 200 of a degree programme depending on academic transcript and years of working experience.
6. Diploma in Basic Education/3-year Post Secondary Teacher’s Cert ‘A’ holders are eligible to apply for degree programmes in Education.
7. Baccalaureate (from French-speaking countries), and other Foreign High School Diploma equivalent to WASSCE. Such certificates should be evaluated by the National Accreditation Board. Other International Students having equivalent qualifications may apply for admission.
Foreign Certificates must receive authentication and equivalencies from the Ghana National Accreditation Board. Foreign students must have their high school certificates/diplomas translated into English if they are not written in English.
8. Applicants within the West African Examination Council zone, who do not offer Integrated Science, but may wish to apply for Science programmes are required to apply with four (4) Elective subjects (this should include the required grades in Biology, Physics, Chemistry, or Elective Mathematics) for the fourth to be replaced as a substitute for Integrated Science.
9. Registered General Nursing or Midwifery/State Registered Nursing or Midwifery Certificate/Diploma holders may apply for BSc Nursing/BSc Midwifery.
10. Mature Students: The applicant must:
- Be at least 25 years old
- Show proof of age with birth certificate or any legitimate documentary proof of birth date
- Provide introductory letter from employer or show any other proof of employment
- Applicants must pass the University’s Mature Entrance Examination comprising English Language, Mathematics, and General Paper. In lieu of entrance examination, the applicant should show proof of credit passes in English and Mathematics in WASSCE, SSCE, GCE, or any other nationally recognized standard High School level examinations (for qualifications from countries outside of WAEC’s aegis).
Get Even More Information About Valley View University
Below includes other relevant information you may want to read about Valley View University:
In conclusion, these are the entry requirements for VVU Undergraduate Programmes. For more information about these are the entry requirements for VVU Undergraduate Programmes, visit the official website at: https://vvu.edu.gh. If you liked this article, continue reading our Latest Articles. You may also find us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.